Saturday, January 31, 2015

Benefit Haul


Benefit is one of my all time favourite brands. All of their formulas are amazing and their packaging is so beautiful. On Friday, I was very lucky and got to have a free make-up lesson by one of the Benefit therapists. I used to use Benefit all the time but recently I started to move away and onto drugstore brands. This is partly because it is at the higher end of the price range and also because I fell in love with a few drugstore items. As soon as I stepped into the Benefit boutique though, I knew I would be buying a few products. Before the make-up lesson, I got to choose between a lesson in base make-up or eye make-up. I chose base as I knew that it included a lot of things such as skincare, priming, contouring and other tips and tricks. I ended up learning a lot of things and that resulted in a huge splurge of money. Below are the products that I brought..


Ever since the 'rockateur' blusher was released, it's been on my wishlist. And ever since my make-up lesson had been booked, I knew I was definitely going to buy it. I asked my therapist if she could use it on me and when she did, it confirmed my want for it. I brought it straight away as well as the 'high beam' highlighter to go with it. The best thing about this highlighter is that you can use it everywhere. On your browbone, the inner corner of your eye and even your cupid's bow. 

Rockateur cheek powder and High Beam complexion enhancer
The third thing I brought was the 'that girl' primer. My therapist mixed together 'porefessional' and 'that girl' to make an amazing combination. It felt super light on my skin and I knew that I had to get it. Luckily, I already had 'porefessional' so it wasn't too much money to spend. I seriously can't wait to use this. I also received a free sample of the 'hello flawless' foundation as this is what was used. I didn't end up buying it because I prefer matte finishes, although this one would be perfect for the summer! 

'Hello Flawless' liquid foundation and 'That Girl' brightening face primer
Lastly I went for two skincare products. In the past I used to swear by Benefit skincare but then ventured into the world of Liz Earle (she's amazing!!) but since Friday, Benefit products have been re-introduced into my skincare regime. As I already own the facial polish, I decided to go with a moisturiser and an eye cream. I am actually in love with these two products. Not only do they smell amazing, the lasting effect both items have is great. I make sure to moisturise morning and evening and my skin is never ever dry. It is now my holy grail. 

'It's Potent!' eye cream and 'Total Moisture' facial cream
I literally recommend to everyone to go and get a make-over/make-up lesson by Benefit. All the products are amazing and the treatment you get is incredible! I just want to say thank you to Hannah for giving me the most amazing service and making me feel super comfortable. 


1 comment:

  1. Love Benefit!

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2014 Beauty, Lifestyle & Rambles
Illustrated by Tori Elliott Illustration Template by Gooyaabi Templates | Powered By Blogger