Friday, November 7, 2014

Favourite Autumn Lipsticks

Autumn is most definitely my favourite season. Just the sound of leaves crunching and the smell of toasted marshmallows never seem to get old. It reminds me of watching movies, all snuggled in blankets or having a red nose when outside because of the cold weather. Also, it means that Christmas is on it's way. However, the best thing about autumn is the fashion. In the summer, I can never seem to pull off a burgundy lip but when autumn arrives, it's a staple in my make-up bag. Here are a few of my favorites, including a drugstore and high-end option:



Beguiled by Topshop - This is definitely one of my favourite autumn lipsticks. The colour is exactly what I would expect in this season. It is super long-lasting and fades all together, rather than leaving clumps. The only thing I would say is to make sure that you moisturise your lips before applying because this lipstick seems to cling to dry patches.
01 by Rimmel (Kate Moss Collection) - Definitely my all time favourite, No matter what time of year it is, this is my go to. The colour just reminds me of Christmas and the lipstick is so creamy, leaving a gorgeous finish.
107 by Rimmel (Kate Moss Collection) - Surprise, surprise! Another Kate Moss lipstick. I love the berry undertones of this lipstick and it's one of my constant re-purchases.
Mauve by Bourjois (Shine Edition Collection) - This lipstick is a beautiful sheer colour that gives a very subtle plum colour. It's very moisturising and looks like a mixture between a lipstick and a balm.
Sugar Plum by Revlon - This is very similar to the lipstick mentioned above but is a lot more pigmented. I love the whole range of this lipsticks and this colour is just gorgeous! (I couldn't find a link for this one).
Red Dahlia by Burt's Bees - The most amazing lip balm for autumn as it's two in one! All Burt's Bees products are amazing but a tinted lip balm is a must in a make-up bag. This one is just perfect and it being 100% natural is a bonus!




St Honore by Lancome - A very bright red but perfect for the night outs and christmas parties around autumn. This lipstick lasts forever and is super pigmented. The packaging is my all time favourtie!
Hibiscus by Liz Earle - A similar colour to the one above but slightly deeper. Liz Earle is one of my favourtie skin care brands and when they brought out cosmetics, I was super excited. This lipstick totally lived up to my expectations. The packaging is also very festive.
Fanfare by MAC - Although this colour isn't a very autumn one, it's definitely a must in my make-up bag. It's such a neutral colour that I can wear with anything and also smells amazing! The only thing I dislike about MAC products is the packaging. I would love to be able to see a colour swatch on the bottom of the container!



I hope this post inspired some of you with your autumn make-up looks. As said before, I love love love this season and can't wait for winter!

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Beauty, Lifestyle & Rambles
Illustrated by Tori Elliott Illustration Template by Gooyaabi Templates | Powered By Blogger